Village of the Week
Each week a new Village will be highlighted as "Village of the Week" on the Member Updates Page.
Check often to learn about the exciting things going on with each Village.
All Villages who have been "Village of the Week" will be archived on this page.
August 9th, 2012
- This week's Village of the Week is Newton at Home (NAH) in Newton, MA. NAH is a "volunteer first" Village that has been in operation since April of 2011.
- Take time to learn more about NAH by clicking here and visiting their website!
- Volunteers are a precious recource for NAH, providing valuable resources for their members. To show their appreciation, two volunteers are highlighted in each NAH Newsletter, read the most recent issue here!
July 26th, 2012
- This week's Village of the Week is Gramatan Village in Bronxville, NY! Gramatan Village opened in 2008 and now serves 250 members. Read about their growth and the services and activities they offer here!
- Like many Villages Gramatan offers a wide range of social activities as well, they recently visited Bartow Pell mansion read the Bronxville Patch article and see photos from this and other events here!
- Like! Gramatan Village on Facebook and find more news and photos on their website.
July 19th, 2012
- This week's Village of the Week is Hudson Valley Home Matters in the Poughkeepsie, NY Area. Click here to read about them and visit their facebook page and website!
- Like many Villages, HVHM has a number events that Members participate in, Click here to read about their Be My Guest luncheons. You can view pictures from many different events - here!
- HVHM has been helping senior since 2010 and are actively recruiting members and volunteers, view their flyer here.
June 21st, 2012
- This week's Village of the Week is another newly launch Village! Brandywine Village Network (BVN) launched on February 14th, 2012 in Wilmington DE. Read about their launch and view some great pictures from the event!
- BVN offers a wide range of services including care management, volunteer assistance and social and wellness programs. Learn more about BVN and see what members have said about the Village here!
- For even more information you can visit BVN's website and please take time to "Like" them on Facebook as well!
June 14, 2012
- This week's Village of the Week is Live Well at Home with Eskaton serving older adults in multiple Sacramento, CA neighborhoods.
- LWH launched almost a year ago in July 2011, offering a wide range of services and activities to members, you can read about these here as well as in their fact sheet.
- For much more information on LWH you can visit their website and view their new video!
June 4th, 2012
- This week's Village of the Week is Utah Senior Village in Salt Lake City, UT! USV is another one of our newest Villages - They're hosting a Welcome Event on June 12th, 2012, read about it here.
- USV is the only Village in UT and plans to implement a hub and spoke model throughout the state click here to learn more!
- For even more information visit USV's website, read their brochure and their newly written article in the Salt Lake Tribune.
May 24th, 2012
- Last week's Village was PNA Village in North Seattle, WA, one of our newly opened Villages!
- PNA Village just began offering services to their 23 members by 40+ volunteers at the beginning of April 2012, click here to learn more and see some great pictures!
- Please take time to visit their website, "Like" them on Facebook and read their blog!
May 17, 2012
- Cambridge at Home is located in Cambridge, MA, serving on average, 210-240 households!
- CAH is celebrating their 5th anniversary this year, click here to learn about their celebration and more about the Village.
- You can "Like" CAH on Facebook and read their blog, plus Executive Director, Kathy Spirer, is on Twitter! Follow her @kspirer