From Adobe Connect Pro
What is Adobe Acrobat Connect Pro meeting?
Adobe Acrobat Connect Pro Meeting is a web conferencing product that allows users to conduct live meetings and presentations over the internet.
Do I need to test my computer beforehand?
Yes. It is recommended that you test your computer prior to attending a meeting. You can do this by going to https://admin.adobe.acrobat.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm. The Connection Test checks your computer to make sure all system requirements are met. If you pass the first three steps of the test, then you are ready to participate in a meeting. The fourth step of the Connection Test is for the Acrobat Connect Add-In which is only required for Meeting Hosts and Presenters. Installing the Add-In is not required, but doing so enhances your meeting experience. If you do not pass the Connection Test, perform the suggested actions and run the test again. Participants require Adobe Flash Player 9 or higher (on 98% of computers). If you do not have it, you may download it for free now: http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash
How do I join a meeting?
You need to register your attendance in our Event Calendar. That lets us know who is attending the event. Note that some events are for members only. Before a scheduled event you will receive an email with meeting access information. When the meeting time arrives, click on the link or enter the URL into your favorite web browser. The meeting login screen appears. Choose Enter as a Guest, type in your first and last name, and click Enter Room. The meeting launches in your browser. If the meeting host has not yet arrived to the meeting or meeting security requires the host to approve your attendance, you will be placed into a waiting room. Once the meeting host accepts you into the meeting, the meeting room interface appears.
How do I access the audio portion of the webinar?
The VtV Network uses what is called a non-integrated teleconference. That just means that we will provide a conference call number and participant code for you to use in order to enter the audio portion of the webinar. In the same email that you receive the URL to join the webinar, you will also get notice of the conference call number and participant code. You must call the conference call number and enter the participant code in order to hear the audio portion of the webinar.
How do I change my status in a webinar?
Within a meeting, you can change your status to communicate with other meeting attendees. To change your status, open the Change Status menu and select the desired status option. If you select options above the line such as Raise Hand or Step Away, your status remains until you choose Clear My Status. If you choose an option below the line such as Speed Up or Applause, your status automatically clears itself. When you set your status, an icon appears next to your name in the attendee list.
If you need to get up from your computer during the course of the meeting, change your status to Step Away. When you do this, an icon appears next to your name letting other attendees know that you are away.
What do I do if I can’t get into the meeting?
If you are having trouble joining a meeting try the following:
1. Enter the meeting as a Guest user by entering in your First and Last Name in the Guest field.
2. Click the Help link on the Meeting Login page. This takes you to the Test Meeting Connection page where you can verify that your computer meets all necessary requirements. If you do not pass the test you will be given instructions for what you need to do.
3. Make sure popup blocking software is not blocking your meeting window.
4. You may be using a proxy server. To resolve this in Internet Explorer, select Tools > Internet Options > Advanced tab. Then enable the setting Use HTTP 1.1 through proxy connections. After doing this, clear your cookies, close all browser windows and attempt to re-enter the meeting.
What should I do if the host is sharing their screen, but it is fuzzy or there is a long delay?
If you are having trouble seeing a host’s screen, try the following:
1. Click the Scroll button in the Share Pod. This will show the host’s screen at its full resolution and follow the host’s cursor.
2. The host may have enabled a Full Screen button.
Clicking on this displays shared content in the entire meeting window.
3. Adjust your connection speed by selecting Meeting > Optimize Room Bandwidth and choose DSL or Modem. The Meeting menu is located at the upper left of the meeting room.