The ClubExpress Village User Talks are monthly talks designed to help Villages use ClubExpress more effectively. Each month has a different topic.
The February Users Talk will be about the ClubExpress Web. This session will focus on improving the skills and answering questions of those people who are experienced in developing and maintaining ClubExpress Home and Custom pages. This will be appropriate both for those who use HTML and those who do not.
We intend this session to address specific questions that we have heard from Villages (that is, it is a “deeper dive,” not a general overview of features). The idea is to demo specific features that have been asked about, answer specific questions, and make suggestions about how (and why) to do web development and maintenance in specific ways.
Here is a preliminary list of the topics that we’ve received and will be included. We will update this list as we hear from you:
- From the Website Tab’s Setup section, demo and describe best practices for Website Look & Feel (including key points of the Site Editor Toolbar), Fonts, Common Content, and Web Graphics.
- Discuss and demo where useful (include any thoughts on “how to” and best practices) specific Home Page and Custom page topics:
- Saving vs. Saving with Backup (difference between)
- Archiving (when useful)
- Review all the Link capabilities (take questions)
- Demo Widgets (especially Calendar and Photos Albums)
- Swapping with saved pages (and when this is a good idea)
- Looking at a preview (when it can be expected to show actual results and when may not)
- Looking at HTML (is it ever useful even if you don’t know HTML)
- Horizontal Rule
- How does “Revert” work on the Site Editor? Does it revert all the functions on the editor? How many level of “Revert” do we get?
- Demo and Best practices in Inserting Media/Video
- Photo vs. Image – when to use each; how to use each; best practices in labeling
- Discuss CSS
Let us know what questions you have about the CE web and what features you would like to have demoed… either by posting your topics/questions on our Forum or sending us an email at email@example.com.
Please invite the appropriate web developers and maintainers from your Village to this session.
If you have ideas for topics for future User Talks, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org